While driving, we always are in a hurry. Sometimes we cant stop and want to have a coffee or soda. Sometimes eat in it, but not all of us do. Sometimes we drink coffee or drinks in the car. The problem then usually becomes at some stage one will spill the liquid on your car seats. The car that I steam cleaned had two coffee stains on it, one of the most common stains. The procedure for our professional steam machine is very similar to how you would remove the stain.
These procedures should be only for cotton or vinyl covered car seats – not for leather seats.
Geelong Car Upholstery Cleaning – Removing Regular Coffee Stain
1. Mix up solution 2cups of water, 1 cup of white vinegar and a small amount of liquid washing detergent.
2. Using a rag or microfiber cloth dip in the solution and blot the stain.
3. Spread the solution onto the stain and allow to soak for about ten minutes. Do not saturate the area.
4. Use a dry rag or microfiber cloth blot the stained area. The stain should begin to fade.
5. Use a small cup of cold water rinse the area to remove any excess solution. You can use paper towels to soak up the water.
Geelong Car Upholstery Cleaning – Removing Coffee Stain with milk
1. Use a cup of cold water to rinse the area.
2. Mix 1 cup of cold water with a teaspoon of ammonia.
3. Using a clean rag or microfiber cloth dip into the solution and blot the stained area. Do not saturate the area.
4. After 15 minutes using a new dry rag or microfiber cloth keep blotting to remove as much stain as possible.
5. Rinse the stained area with cold water. Next apply an enzyme detergent to the stained area. Leave this on for about 30 minutes.
6. Use a new clean, dry rag or microfiber cloth and blot the stained area again.
7. Rinse the affected area with a small amount of water and dry with paper towels.
These tips may or may not remove all or part of the stain. Using the solution test a small area first to see if it removes the color or affects the fabric (especially when using ammonia).